- Standard Rate
- £395.00 +VAT
- Member Rate
- £315.00 +VAT
- Electrical Services
This module aims to provide an excellent introduction to both 11kV and 33kV systems and takes you through:
- The choice of distribution systems
- The comparison of SF6 and vacuum circuit breakers
- The required characteristics and necessary operation settings for the protection relays and more
Make your way through this course at your own pace with the following:
- High Voltage Distribution Topics
- Additional Resources
- Four Activity Pages
- CPD Certificate on completion
This course covers:
CIBSE online learning courses are suitable for those wishing to enhance and support their current knowledge base, as well as graduates within an engineering discipline.
Each unit has been peer reviewed and tested through this group. The units allow students to take a coordinated journey through an individual topic or a series of topics. The units form the backbone of several corporate training schemes.
- Compare the use of radial and ring-main methods of high voltage distribution and their ability to maintain/recover supplies under fault conditions.
- Calculate three-phase balanced fault currents and simple single-phase earth-fault currents using the per-unit system of impedance measurement.
- Select and specify suitable types and ratings for:
(i) High voltage distribution cables
(ii) High voltage circuit breakers*
(iii) Protection class current transformers
(iv) Induction type protection relays (and their settings)*
* Including explaining their method or operation.
Design a suitable ring-main high voltage distribution system and select relay and breaker settings to provide discrimination both across the HV/LV transformer and to achieve discrimination around the ring-main and with the Regional Supply Authority.