- Standard Rate
- £390.00 +VAT
- Member Rate
- £310.00 +VAT
- Electrical Services
Starting with a synopsis of the history of the regulations, you will learn some of the underlying principles of electrical installation theory and why the need for prescriptive regulations is necessary.
This full day course provides a “cover to cover” overview of the latest amendments in BS7671:2018 2nd Amendment 2020 Requirements for Electrical Installations (IET Wiring Regulations Eighteenth Edition) including a discussion on the history of the regulations, technical aspects of the content and extent of application of the regulations in the electrical industry.
The course has been updated to include discussion on key changes that have been introduced in the recent amendments, as well as the most significant changes within the latest edition of BS7671 2018 2nd Amendment 2022.
The trainer will take you through each part of the regulations section by section, describing key points of interest, importance, and/or debate.
On completion of this course, you will:
• Understand the important role the wiring regulations have had throughout the electrical industry
• Understand the limits of application and where the current edition sits within the UK regulatory framework
• Gain an appreciation of some of the theories behind the regulations and the importance of compliance in terms of electrical safety
• Learn about the geography of the document and how to use the regulations and associated literature
The course will include commentary on the following changes/new content:
• Application of disconnection times
• Use of RCDs on final circuits
• The use of Arc Fault Detection Devices
• Isolation and switching
• Methods of supporting wiring systems
• Surge Protection Devices and Voltage Levels.
• Inspection & Testing
• Electric Vehicle Charging Points
Who should attend?
• Electrical engineers of all grades
• Electricians of all grades
• Building services engineers of all grades
• Property managers of all grades
• Facility Managers of all grades
• Building surveyors of all grades
This course is also applicable for anyone involved in the build process and the high-level procurement of electrical installation design or services would find this course useful as a means to increase their understanding and improve their awareness of the design and installation requirements of electrical services, to meet the latest requirements of the IET Wiring Regulations 2nd Amendment 2022.
The course would be suitable for professionals working in the industry who may have trained using earlier editions, practising electrical engineers requiring a refresher of current format and content, facilities managers and/or engineers with an understanding of electrical basics, or any person with some basic electrical knowledge, wishing to familiarise themselves with the latest 18th edition issued on 28th March 2022.
|Day 1 programme||
Remote - How to join:
This course will be hosted live online on Microsoft Teams. A Microsoft Teams account is not required, you will be sent a link to join.
You can choose to join on your preferred web browser, or if you already have the Microsoft Teams desktop app, click 'join meeting'. You will then automatically join the course through the app.
The course location will be underneath the respective date, please make your way to the location.
Parking is not available.
The course presentation and any additional materials will be sent to delegates once attendance is confirmed on the day of the course.
We are working towards being more sustainable, therefore we do not recommend materials to be printed.
What is included?
- Full day training with an industry expert trainer
- CPD certificate
- PDF course materials
- Lunch and refreshments**
**For face-to-face courses