- Standard Rate
- £390.00 +VAT
- Member Rate
- £310.00 +VAT
- Energy Efficiency
Please note, the prices above are for training delivered up to the end of 2023. Our fees are increasing and will be as below for all training delivered from January 2024.
£430.00 ex. VAT
£340.00 ex. VAT
This one-day course gives a detailed overview of why it is important for buildings to use energy efficiently, and the various methods and considerations for doing so.
Covering considerations for new builds and retrofitting, this course covers:
- Construction of buildings
- Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES)
- Heating and cooling systems
- Combined Heat and Power (CHP)
- Heat recovery
- HVAC controls
- Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
Renewable systems are covered allowing the delegate to understand how they can have a considerable impact on the building's energy use.
- Be able to identify how buildings use energy
- Understand heating and cooling systems in buildings
- Learn how to review alternative heating and cooling systems
- Know why heat recovery is important in efficient buildings
- Understand why regular maintenance is important for trouble-free operation
This is a great course for anyone who needs an overview of how to work towards energy efficiency in buildings. This could include:
- Facilities and Building Managers
- Building Service Contractors
- Project Managers
- Mechanical & HVAC Engineers
- Energy Assessors
- Air Conditioning Inspectors
• Construction of Buildings
• Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES)
• Heating and Cooling Systems explained
• Air and Ground Source Heat Pumps
• Types of Lighting and controls
• Combined Heat and Power (CHP)
• Heat Recovery in Commercial Buildings
• The importance of HVAC Controls
• Domestic Hot Water
• Using Air Handling Units efficiently
• Incorporating Renewables into our buildings
• Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
• Maintenance and why it's important
Energy Consultant|Charnwood Assessors
Kevin Noyce is an Energy Consultant who splits his time between training on building and mechanical services and carrying out Efficiency and Condition Surveys at commercial premises.
Kevin is an electrical engineer by trade and has spent all of his career in the building and building service industry.
Kevin is a qualified Air Conditioning, Commercial, and DEC Assessor.
Siegfried Kwame Yeboah
Siegfried is currently a Senior Lecturer in Building Services Engineering at School of the Built Environment and Architecture, London South Bank University (LSBU). Prior to joining LSBU, he was an Assistant Professor in Building Services Engineering/Building Physics at the University of Nottingham’s overseas campus in China. Siegfried has over 15 years research and teaching experience in Building Services Engineering. He has a PhD in Engineering (Sustainable Energy Technologies) from the University of Nottingham. He is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA), qualified Advance HE External Examiner, a Chartered Engineer, and a Member of CIBSE (MCIBSE).
Remote - How to join:
This course will be hosted live online on Microsoft Teams. A Microsoft Teams account is not required, you will be sent a link to join.
You can choose to join on your preferred web browser, or if you already have the Microsoft Teams desktop app, click 'join meeting'. You will then automatically join the course through the app.
The course location will be underneath the respective date, please make your way to the location.
Parking is not available.
The course presentation and any additional materials will be sent to delegates once attendance is confirmed on the day of the course.
We are working towards being more sustainable, therefore we do not recommend materials to be printed.
What is included?
- Full day training with an industry expert trainer
- CPD certificate
- PDF course materials
- Lunch and refreshments**
**For face-to-face courses