Become a Reviewer for the Technical Symposium and join the Scientific Committee
Being part of the Scientific Committee for the technical symposia not only provides a great service to the profession and the industry but also reviewers have access to leading edge papers and, for those that are able to undertake reviews in a particular year, receive preferential rates to attend the associated Technical Symposium.
CIBSE would like senior members of the profession (equivalent to Members and Fellows of CIBSE or an associated technical society/body) to be involved in the review process. The reviewing will typically take place in December and January and is a relatively straightforward process using a simple form to provide feedback on the papers. Each paper will typically be 3000-5000 words and is likely to take between 30 and 60 minutes to review.
CIBSE maintains a list of reviewers for the CIBSE Technical Symposium and you can apply to join this Scientific Committee by filling in the form below.
The areas that a reviewer would be asked to consider would be:
- Does the title accurately describe the content?
- Is it well structured?
- Are the arguments presented in a clear and logical manner?
- Does it appear accurate and free from unsubstantiated claims?
- Is it adequately illustrated with figures, diagrams, etc?
- Is the presentation of data in graphs and tables clear?
- Are the source references given in the text and the reference list adequate?
- Are the conclusions logical and justified by the content?
- Is it free from commercialism?
You can also be potentially added to the list of reviewers for CIBSE peer-reviewed journals Building Services Engineering Research &Technology (BSERT) and Lighting Research &Technology (LR&T). Please tick the relevant boxes below.
If you are interested in being considered as a member of the Scientific Committee please fill in the form below.