Building Management, Measurement and Performance
Back to Sustainability Overview
The use and management of a building has a massive effect on its performance. Design and quality of construction determines the broad range of sustainability outcomes for a building, but the actual outcomes depend on how a building is operated.
Mechanisms and opportunities for service engineers to influence operational sustainability typically include:
- Managing commissioning and periodically re-commissioning building services systems.
- Monitoring and post-occupancy evaluation.
- Facilities engineering and operational management.
- Energy management and energy audits.
- Design and management of minor and major upgrades to building services systems.
Further guidance includes: