Get involved with CIBSE
Members who are interested in volunteering and getting involved with CIBSE activities can choose from a number of roles in a variety of areas across the Institution in both the UK and internationally.
Examples of opportunities include:
- Promoting CIBSE’s work to students and industry at events.
- Helping with STEM events to encourage young people into engineering.
- Contributing to CIBSE technical publications.
- Contributing to CIBSE responses to government consultations.
- Mentoring a young engineer.
- Volunteering as a judge for one of our awards.
- Peer reviewing submissions for the technical symposium.
- Joining a region, group or society’s committee across the UK or around the world.
- Becoming a professional review interviewer for CIBSE membership.
Volunteering is a great way to interact with CIBSE and other building services professionals; it enhances your CV and allows you to give something back to the industry as well. Whether you are newly graduated, recently chartered or a senior engineer who has years of industry experience, working in contracting, consulting or for a manufacturer, CIBSE needs a range of volunteers to help develop and grow the Institution for the future.
If you would like to get involved, please register your interest online at MyCIBSE, in the My Profile section under My Preferences or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Current committee vacancies