CIBSE Accreditation Panel
Purpose of Committee and frequency of meetings:
The Accreditation Panel is appointed by the Education Training & Membership Committee and shall report to it.
The Panel shall consist of a Chair, who will report to the Education, Training & Membership Committee, and up to ten other members, to include representation from both CEng and IEng registered members.
Specialists may be co-opted as determined by the Chair.
A quorum shall be no fewer than three members.
Members are appointed for one year and, normally, will serve for not longer than 5 consecutive years.
Appropriate training will be provided for all Panel members.
The Panel year runs from May until April, in line with the Institution’s committee year.
Terms of Reference:
1. To be responsible for advising ET&M on policy issues relating to the educational base for all EC registration grades of CIBSE membership.
2. To consider applications for the accreditation of, and where appropriate approve for recommendation to ET&M and the Engineering Council, qualifications for all grades of membership.
3. To consider applications for the accreditation of, and where appropriate approve for recommendation to ET&M and the Engineering Council, suitable further learning programmes for CEng and IEng.
4. To consider applications for the approval of Level 3 qualifications, and where appropriate approve for recommendation to ET&M and EC, for EngTech registration.
5. To strategically support the EC and CIBSE in continually improving the educational base for registration and membership.
6. To respond to consultations on the provision of the educational base for all EC registration grades of CIBSE membership.
Chair: Martin Longhurst - University of the West of England
Mahroo Eftekhari - Loughborough University
Tony Sung - Energy Reduction Management Ltd
Simon Wright - Buro Happold
Ahmed Zobaa - Brunel University
Abigail Hathway - University of Sheffield
Steven Hunt - Steven Hunt & Associates
Alfred Leung - Leeds Beckett University
Alan Newall - Leeds Beckett University
Member of Staff Responsible: Lizzie Smith - Membership and Accreditation Coordinator