The Society of Digital Engineering (SDE) has been formed to provide a home for those involved in digitising the built environment, either as designers, contractors, manufacturers, clients, facility managers or software vendors.
The Society is part of CIBSE but has its own classes of membership and designatory letters for those who are suitably qualified and experienced in digital engineering.
Membership of the SDE will also give Affiliate grade membership of CIBSE, for those that are not already CIBSE members and hence access to the CIBSE Journal and Knowledge Portal among other benefits of CIBSE membership.
Membership is open to all those involved in digital engineering, building information modelling, software for design and analysis of buildings, computer aided facility management and any other related activities.
The aims of the society are:
- To provide professional recognition to digital engineers.
- To give a route to CIBSE membership.
- To give a route for digital engineers to achieve CEng status.
- To provide best professional guidance.
- To provide training programmes for professional development.
- Speaking for and representing the profession.
- Connecting the creators and users of digital information in the built environment.