Associate Members of the Society can use the designatory letters AMSLL.
Applicants must submit a completed application form including all certificates, proposers and payment details (where relevant).
- Associate Member (AMSLL) application form
- AMSLL criteria, application checklist and guidance on writing a professional review
Please return your completed application form and any supporting documents to [email protected]
Applicants must meet one of the following sets of education, training and experience criteria, or their equivalent:
Education + 2 year period of relevant experience in light and lighting
- Hold a 1st degree, Master’s degree or doctorate degree in lighting (courses to be assessed individually for doctorate and overseas qualifications – please provide evidence)
- Has achieved a pass in 3 LIA Advanced Certificate modules
- Has achieved a pass in the LET Diploma
Membership of other organizations + 2 year period of relevant experience in light and lighting
- Has obtained CEng status
- Is a registered architect
Education + 3 year period of relevant experience in light and lighting
- Has undertaken an approved course based on the CIBSE Core syllabus in lighting
- Has passed 2 BTEC National Certificate Lighting units (level N) or equivalent examinations
- Has achieved a pass in 2 LIA Advanced Certificate modules
Professional Review + 5 year period of relevant experience in light and lighting
- Has relevant experience in light and lighting over a period of 5 years and has attained a position demonstrating a level or proven competence in light and lighting and has successfully completed a professional review statement.
NOTE: The period of relevant experience in light and lighting may be aggregated over a period, eg five years @ 50% plus three years @ 67% plus half a year @ 100% aggregates to five years full time – please show the percentage of lighting work on the application form where relevant.