Fellows of the Society can use the designatory letters FSLL.
Applicants must submit a completed application form including all certificates, proposers and payment details (where relevant).
- Fellow (FSLL) Application form July 2023 version
- FSLL criteria, application checklist and guidance note
Please return your completed application form and any supporting documents to [email protected]
Candidates will normally be required to satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Be an existing Member (MSLL) of the Society of Light and Lighting
- Have held a responsible position in light and lighting or a related field for not less than ten years
- Have made a significant contribution to light and lighting; this may include a contribution to the work of a professional body
- Show evidence of a commitment to continuing professional development.
On the rare occasion where there is difficulty judging a written submission, the candidates will be asked to attend an interview.
NOTE: The period of relevant experience in light and lighting may be aggregated over a period, eg five years @ 50% plus three years @ 67% plus half a year @ 100% aggregates to five years full time – please show the percentage of lighting work on the application form where relevant.
Fellow Application (currently MSLL)
CIBSE Code of Professional Conduct