Skip to content

Graduate Grade

Graduate membership is a transitional grade for those who are working towards the Associate (ACIBSE) or Member (MCIBSE).

To become a Graduate you will normally be working in building services engineering undertaking training and development working towards achieving the Competence Criteria outlined in our factsheets A21 or M21.

To apply you should have completed one of the following:

  • A Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline
  • A Bachelors degree in science or technology (subject to assessment by CIBSE to ensure engineering content and relevance)
  • A Master’s degree in an engineering discipline (MEng)
  • An Engineering Doctorate (EngD)
  • International qualifications recognised under the Washington Accord or Sydney Accord
  • European qualifications recognised under FEANI
  • Other qualifications accepted via the Individual Case Procedure.

Graduate members enjoy valuable benefits including a huge range of knowledge resources: access not just to products and publications, but to contacts and networks of established professionals via the Institution's Regions, its Societies and Special Interest Groups.

The factsheets below will give you all the further information you need to apply for the Graduate Grade.

Factsheets and Application Forms