States that a number of high profile electrical failures have highlighted the importance of quality, in the electrical power delivered to equipment in commercial and industrial buildings. Power quality depends on at least a dozen key features of the electrical supply, including frequency and voltage variations, but the critical feature that is not addressed by existing guidelines is harmonic content.
Aims to increase awareness of the problem of harmonic current and voltage in commercial buildings by gathering together information from sources in the UK and around the world.
Addresses the subject under the headings:
- Harmonic distortion effects,
- Causes of harmonics,
- Identification of problems,
- Power quality solutions,
- Case studies,
- Definitions and theoretical analysis,
- Management of power quality surveys, Power quality design software,
- Power quality survey questionnaire,
- Power quality standards.