Associate members are engaged in technical and commercial management, applying existing and emerging technology.
You will need to demonstrate the required 17 competences in your written Engineering Practice Report and at interview. You can gain Incorporated Engineer (IEng) Professional Registration with the Engineering Council with this level of membership.
When should I apply?
UK Applicants | There are two application deadlines a year: 1 February and 1 August.
International Applicants | Anyone based outside of the UK can apply at any time.
Step 1: Download our ACIBSE Application Guidance
Download our guidance which covers:
- Competence criteria
- Application Documents required
- Interview Process
Please note: There is more than one route into ACIBSE or ACIBSE with registration. If you do not hold an accredited qualification you can still apply for Incorporated Engineer status through our alternative route. Please see our guidance for more information.
Ready to apply?
Please ensure you have the following documents (in separate files) as you will be required to submit them online. Please see the application guidance document for details on the requirements and the competence criteria:
- Qualification Certificates (and Transcripts) in English
- 4000-5000 word Engineering Practice Report
- Organisational Chart – clearly indicating your position within your company
- Development Action Plan
- ACIBSE Demonstration of Competences - statement completed by your Sponsor
- Sponsor’s name and email
- Your ID (passport, driver’s licence or national identity card)
- Debit or credit card – the application fee and interview fee will be payable at the final stage of your online application. The application fee will be waived for current CIBSE members, please ensure your current membership subscription fee has been paid.
Learn more about Professional Registration and Alternative & International routes
Unsure whether your qualification is accredited? Unsure of your pathway to Chartership? Accredited with a European or International institution?
See our various pathways and support methods to support your journey.