Skip to main content
Shutterstock 519970543
Back to Renewing Your Membership

Membership Renewal FAQs

Below are FAQs relating to Membership Renewals and Subscriptions.

If you have more questions about your CIBSE membership, please visit our Membership FAQs page.

All membership renewal fees are due on 1 January of each calendar year.

Our available payment options are listed at You can also pay online via your MyCIBSE account.

Yes, they can either use one of the payment options listed at or if they wish to pay by Purchase Order, they can send the PO to [email protected]

When you log into your MyCIBSE account, under the Make a Payment tab, you will see a list of invoices due for payment along with the subscription item and balance due.

If you have paid by bank transfer and your membership number was not used as the transaction reference, please email [email protected] with a copy of the remittance. You will receive a receipt as soon as the payment is allocated to your invoice.

If you hold registration with the Engineering Council or have joined one of our Societies, you may have renewed some of your subscriptions but still have outstanding renewal invoices. You can check for outstanding invoices on your MyCIBSE account.

To change the details of your Direct Debit arrangement, complete our Direct Debit Mandate and send to [email protected] for processing.

To cancel your Direct Debit, please notify us as soon as possible on 020 8772 3650 or at [email protected]

Please note that all changes and cancellations must be made by 10 January of the current subscription year. Please refer to your renewal notice for further guidance.

You will be invoiced for each subscription that is active on your account. If you no longer wish to maintain your registration or membership to a society, you are required to notify us at [email protected] or +44 (0)20 8772 3650.

You will continue to receive renewal reminders as long as there are outstanding invoices on your account.

Please note: in order to maintain your professional registration or membership to any of our societies, you must also maintain your CIBSE membership subscription.

No. You must hold an active CIBSE membership subscription in order to also maintain your Professional Registration and/or membership to a Society.

If you wish to resign your membership, please notify us as soon as possible along with the reason why.

If you are resigning due to changes in your employment status, you may wish to consider applying for our Reduced Subscription Rate.

As stated on our website and on your Student membership confirmation email, all members of the Student grade who have completed their course (based on the information provided in your application) will be automatically upgraded to our Graduate grade of membership at the next renewal year.

We notify you before the changes are made, with information on how to remain a Student member if you are still studying. Please visit our Student membership page to submit your current course information and continue as a Student member.

You can update your contact details by logging into your MyCIBSE account under the Profile tab at the top of the screen.

Any updates to your work address will go through an internal review process and can take up to 5 working days to be approved.

If you are retired, not in work, or on long-term sick leave you can submit an application for our reduced subscription rate. Our current reduced fees are listed here and you will be notified once your application has been approved.

You can view, download, print and/or pay your renewal invoices within your MyCIBSE account. All payable invoices will be found in the Make a Payment tab.

Your preferred address will be shown on your invoice. If you require your employer's details to appear, you should ensure this is updated on your MyCIBSE profile and request an updated invoice from us at [email protected].

When you make a payment to CIBSE, you will be sent a receipt to your preferred email address with a link to your VAT receipt.

You can also view, download and/or print a copy of your receipt within your MyCIBSE account. All receipts will be available in your My Transactions tab.

Your invoice will reflect the employment details on your account at the time you were invoiced. If this has since changed, please update this via your MyCIBSE account before contacting us for an updated invoice.

Your username will usually be the email address you used when you initially registered for an account with us. If you cannot remember your username or no longer have access to the registered email address, please contact us at [email protected].

It's most likely to do with your browser settings. In which case the advice is to:

  1. Use a different browser, login to MyCIBSE and see if the issue persists
  2. If it works in a different browser, clear your cache and cookies in the original browser used and see if the error still occurs
  3. If it doesn't work on another browser, try clearing the cache and cookies of this browser first
  4. If any of the above won't work, make sure that the browser you are using is on its latest version.
  5. If the error persists, please contact us at [email protected].

You can reset your password on the login page of MyCIBSE. If you do not receive a link within 15 minutes, you should check that the email address you are using is the same one you used when registering with CIBSE.

If you have a new email address or do not have access to your registered email address, please contact us [email protected].

If your email address is the same as the one you registered with, then it may be that the password reset email has been treated as spam within your email account. Please try checking your spam folder.

Share this page