The Mutual Recognition Route is a fast-track route to membership that is open to full members of the following institutions. Please note: applications from Australia and Hong Kong are currently not being processed whilst the mutual recognition agreements are reviewed.
- Engineers Ireland
- Engineers Australia (on hold whilst agreement is reviewed)
- Engineering New Zealand
- Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (on hold whilst agreement is reviewed)
- Asociacion de Ingeneros Profesionales de Espana (AIPE) and the Agency for Qualification of Professional Engineers (AQPE) of Cataluña
Before you apply
Prepare the following documents (in separate files) before starting your online application:
- The certificate (and transcripts) in English of your Washington Accord Accredited qualification
- Your certificate of Chartered/Professional Engineer Registration from MRA Institution
- Your CV
- Your sponsor’s name and email address
- A debit or credit card – the application fee will be payable at the final stage of your online application.
Ready to apply?
Member (MCIBSE) CEng
Applicants must have undertaken a Professional Review interview for the building services engineering discipline and have gained membership of that Institution via the normal qualifying route.Apply now
Fellow (FCIBSE) CEng
Applicants must be a Fellow of an MRA institution. And they must have undertaken a Professional Review interview for the building services engineering discipline and have gained membership of that Institution via the normal qualifying route.Apply now