Skip to content


Professional Qualified Person (PQP) CSCS Card

CSCS SKILLcard Online Application

CIBSE members who have undergone a Professional or Competence Review (Associates, Members and Fellows) will now be able to apply for a Professionally Qualified Person's card, subject to certain conditions, as follows:

  • Independent confirmation that the applicant has at least one year's on-site experience or other appropriate experience as a Building Services Engineer;
  • Independent confirmation that the applicant meets the minimum standards required for Fellow (FCIBSE), Member (MCIBSE) or Associate (ACIBSE) membership; and
  • Evidence that the applicant has maintained his/her Continuing Professional Development.

Engineering Services SKILLcard is one of the principal personnel registration and card issuing schemes in the building services engineering sector. Importantly, SKILLcard is affiliated with the pan-industry CSCS, and all cards issued bear the CSCS imprimatur and comply with the conditions for card issue set down by CSCS.

All applicants for an Engineering Services SKILLcard need to satisfy CSCS's important health and safety criteria by passing a short test aimed at ensuring a basic, working level of construction site health and safety awareness. Health, safety and environmental testing is carried out using the ConstructionSkills health and safety test, which is administered on behalf of the construction industry by ConstructionSkills's service provider, Prometric.

The test for managerial and professional applicants contains specific questions aimed at those with managerial responsibilities; and tests can be undertaken at a number of centres around the UK.

Members applying for an Engineering Services SKILLcard PQP card will need to:

1. Pass the relevant CITB Health, Safety and Environment test

You can book a test online or through the booking hotline on 0344 994 4488 (lines are open Monday-Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm).

You’ll need to have to hand:

  • Your full name, address, date of birth and National Insurance number
  • ​Which HS&E test you’d like to book. The test costs £21.00, and you can make payment over the phone by credit or debit card. A book containing guidance on the testing process and all the questions to help you prepare can be purchased, and a revision DVD including a simulated test.

More information can be found on the SKILLcard website.

 2. Apply for your Engineering Services SKILLcard

You can apply for the PQP SKILLcard using their online application form, the PQP application will be found with the Managers and Supervisors application.
Your CSCS registration number will be issued to you when you book the health and safety test.
You will be asked to submit the following information during the application process:

  • Membership Status (e.g. Active)
  • Membership Number
  • Membership Letters (designatory letters/post-nominals)
  • CIBSE Membership confirmation letter

You will be asked to make payment at the end of your application and your receipt will be emailed to you automatically from SKILLcard.
For new applicants, you will receive an employer’s endorsement for completion to verify your application. Any renewing applicants will not be required to have the endorsement completed.
Once completed, you should receive your card within 5-10 working days.

Further Information

For any queries or problems regarding your SKILLcard application, or if you require a copy of your receipt please contact SKILLcard directly on 01768 860 406 or at [email protected]

You can request a letter confirming your membership status, by contacting the CIBSE Membership Department on 020 8772 3650 or at [email protected], please also provide your membership number.