Skip to content

Reinstating Your Membership

If you have previously resigned your membership or your membership has lapsed, you can request to reinstate your membership (and registration) by contacting the Membership Team. Please provide us with your membership number or your full name and date of birth in order for us to confirm the total fees due to reinstate your membership.

Please also ensure that your contact details (address, phone number, email) are up to date. You can update your details by:

Reinstating Your CIBSE Membership

If you previously held membership in one of our corporate grades of membership (Licentiate, Associate, Member or Fellow), you can reinstate your membership up to 5 years from your resigned or lapsed date before you will be required to re-apply for membership.

All other grades of membership can be reinstated at any time, subject to your eligibility to hold membership at that grade. 

Reinstating Your Engineering Council Registration

If you held professional registration with the Engineering Council (EngTech, IEng, CEng), you can reinstate your registration up to 3 years from your resigned or lapsed date before you will be required to re-apply for registration.

Fees Due When Reinstating Your Membership

You will be required to pay a reinstatement fee, the current annual subscription fee and all backdated Engineering Council Registration fees (if professionally registered) to complete your reinstatement. 

Information on our current annual subscription fees can be found at and details on how to make payment can be found at Please do not submit payment until someone from the Membership Team has confirmed the total fees for your reinstatement.