CIBSE ANZ Marketing and Events Coordinator
Marketing and Events Coordinator – Part Time
CIBSE ANZ | Sydney, New South Wales, Remote | 15-25 hours per week
An exciting opportunity exists to be part of an engineering institution that is growing in the Australia and New Zealand region.
Building services engineers transforms the way in which we experience buildings whilst reducing the environmental impact of the built environment. The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) Australia and New Zealand is part of a global organisation that supports the Science, Art and Practice of building services engineering, by providing our members and the public with first class information and education services and promoting the spirit of fellowship which guides our work.
This role offers the right candidate flexible hours and a chance to work with a diverse range of passionate members and industry leaders to deliver knowledge and continued professional development to the industry.
You will be responsible for communicating knowledge and information with our regional members and subscribers through email communications and via CIBSE ANZ’s social media platforms.
You will also work with CIBSE's passionate teams of volunteers to deliver annual events like the Seminar Series and Young Engineers Awards, reporting to the CIBSE ANZ Business Development Manager.
Publish the monthly eNewsletter
- Communicate with state chapter chairs for monthly content.
- Write and edit content for regional events and news eg YEN Awards, Seminar Series
- Adding content to the website.
- Designing graphics to accompany content.
- Liaising with UK team to publish eNewsletter as per schedule.
- Proofing ANZ eNewsletter before release.
- Chair online and face-to-face monthly meetings for Seminar Series Advisory Committee and Young Engineers Awards Committee.
- Record meeting actions, schedule meetings, follow-up on actions ahead of next meeting.
- Liaise with advisory committee to produce programme, secure speakers, select venues in accordance with an event plan.
- Coordinate the design of event branding as required.
- Coordinate additional AV requirements for online and face-to-face events as necessary.
- Produce monthly marketing content for each event according to the marketing plan for the CIBSE communication platforms including website, email and LinkedIn.
- Be the point of contact for event speakers. Liaise for marketing information and assist with travel arrangements.
- Update website information pre and post event.
- Attend CIBSE events around Australia and New Zealand to oversee the successful running of the event.
- Coordinate in-house membership presentations with CIBSE membership interviewers.
- Coordinate membership webinars with UK CIBSE HQ team.
- Coordinate membership retainment campaigns.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Diploma or Certificate IV in Business Admin or tertiary qualification in Marketing or Event Management
1-2 years experience in similar role preferred
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ideally have experience (but not essential) with software such as Eventbrite, Shutterstock, Linkedin, HTML, Illustrator
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Work with a manager, committee of volunteers, members, and key stakeholders to deliver communications and events
- Deliver actions on time and in accordance with an agreed event plan
To apply please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.