CIBSE student membership is for those currently registered on an engineering course of study. Our members come from a wide range of engineering disciplines within the building services sector around the world.
CIBSE student membership is free to full time students for the duration of their course and a significantly reduced rate for part time students. Please visit Membership Fees for our current fees.
Before applying online, you will need:
- Proof of enrolment - a copy of your enrolment letter, in English confirming the start and end dates of your course and whether the course is full time or part time.
Applications not providing the required information will be withdrawn and access to membership benefits will be terminated.
Please note: the following links are for those who have not previously held student membership with CIBSE.
If you are a current/previous student member and are due to start a new course of study, please see Current/Previous Student Members Starting a New Course for the correct form to submit your information.
Online applications for Student Membership
Student membership will enable you to become involved in the life of the Institution, and to take advantage of the valuable services it offers to develop your career. It demonstrates your commitment to the industry, and enables you to become involved in the promotion and development of the profession and the built environment. Join our community of over 20,000 members today and belong to a global network of professional support and expertise
Current/Previous Student Members Starting a New Course
Once your course has finished, your membership will be automatically switched to our Graduate grade.
If you are have already started (or are due to start) a new course, please submit your new course information and proof of enrolment here
You will receive email confirmation once your membership has been updated. If there are any changes to your contact details, please update them via MyCIBSE.
Benefits of CIBSE student membership
- A monthly digital copy of the CIBSE Journal - the leading magazine for the building services industry
- Access to the Knowledge Portal with unlimited free downloads of all guides and publications.
- Opportunities to meet other young professionals and students in the industry through the CIBSE Young Engineers Network, Special Interest Groups and Societies.
- Full support in your professional development through invites to regular events and webinars
- 20% off CIBSE Training
- 50% off hard-copy publications
Gaining professional membership and registration
Once you have completed your course of study we recommend and encourage you upgrade to an appropriate grade of CIBSE membership.
We can also advise you on gaining professional membership of CIBSE and registration with the Engineering Council at Licentiate/Engineering Technician, Associate/Incorporated Engineer, Member/Chartered Engineer, Member/Incorporated Engineer. We can offer you the support and assistance to help you at each stage of your application process.
To speak to one of our team call 020 8772 3650.