- Standard Rate
- £355.00 +VAT
- Member Rate
- £284.00 +VAT
- Energy Efficiency
This one-day course includes an overview of the current and forthcoming policies and drivers for low carbon buildings and energy technologies and the direct and indirect implications for local authorities.
Hear a review of the key measures and technologies for reducing energy consumption and CO2 emissions in buildings including the applicability for different building types, key considerations, design implications, technical issues, operation and maintenance requirements, costs, environmental benefits, financial benefits etc.
On completion of this course you will have:
- Sufficient understanding of the policy, regulations and drivers for reducing CO2 emissions to be able to assess the implications of these for specific projects
- Sufficient understanding to discuss the direction of future regulations and policy and the implications of these on specific projects
- An understanding of the policy options for reducing carbon emissions from new and existing buildings and be able to critically appraise energy strategies
- An understanding of the various options available to local authorities to reduce CO2 emissions both directly, from their own estates, and indirectly, by supporting homeowners and businesses.
- An ability to assess the applicability of different carbon reduction measures and apply rule of thumbs and methodologies to understand the environmental benefits, capital costs and running costs/savings
- An understanding of the approaches and funding sources for delivering carbon reduction projects
Background and key drivers for low carbon buildings
Baseline and context
Opportunities and Measures for reducing CO2 emissions
Delivery and funding
Live Online - How to join:
This course will be hosted live online on Microsoft Teams.
A Microsoft Teams account is not required, you will be sent a link to join.
You can choose to join on your preferred web browser, or if you already have the Microsoft Teams desktop app, click 'join meeting'. You will then automatically join the course through the app.
The course presentation and any additional materials will be sent to delegates once attendance is confirmed through a secure link hosted on Egnyte.
We are working towards being more sustainable, therefore we do not recommend materials to be printed. More information on our sustainability policy can be found here.
What is included?
-Full days training with an industry expert trainer
-Note-making PDF course materials
-Course presentation transcript
Two simple ways to book:
Card - Use the 'Book Now' button at the top of this web page.
Invoice - Please fill in the booking form here. Please note you are only booked onto the course once Training has processed the form.
* If you are having any difficulties please either email us at [email protected] or call, +44 (0)20 8772 3660.
AECOM | Regional Director
Matthew is a Regional Director at AECOM and is primarily focused on delivering decentralised, low and zero carbon energy solutions for both new developments and existing communities. Matthew provides energy and sustainable design guidance to developers working on a wide range of projects, from small innovative developments to large urban extensions. He delivers strategic research work for the Government and works with local authorities and large organisations to assess strategic opportunities for delivering carbon reductions through planning policy, energy management, renewable energy projects and heat networks. Matthew has been delivering training courses for CIBSE since 2009.