For those in the first 10 years of their career, CIBSE’s Young Engineers' Network (YEN) is there to provide both local and international support.
YEN centres can be found in each of the CIBSE Regions and feed into a global YEN committee. Their events and meetings are designed to provide support for engineers and focus more on the soft skills and knowledge needed to navigate your career.
You don’t need to be a CIBSE member to join our YEN; please create an account or log in and update your Groups & Networks preferences to include the Young Engineers Network.
Aims of the YEN
- Promote a positive and welcoming image.
- Provide a platform for new thinking, novel approaches to design and knowledge exchange.
- Ensure that young engineers engage more closely with our professional institution at an early stage in their careers.
- Encourage more women to join the building services profession.
- Establish a link with CIBSE Council.
- Promote building services engineering to school and university students.
- Guide young engineers towards a long term career in building services.
For more see our Mission Statement
YEN near you
Engineers Making the Impossible Possible: New Children's Hospital
Jones Engineering, Arup and CIBSE have collaborated to produce a Young Engineers Network (YEN) Virtual Technical Tour featuring Ireland’s New Children’s Hospital