West Midlands News
All of our events are now viewable on our eventbrite page. Click HERE
to view and book your attendance.
If you've got something you'd like to see featured here please get in touch
The award winners are announced - Youtube
Following on from last year’s successful introduction of an Engineer and Young Engineer to our existing Education Award, we have this year decided to expand the categories still further, as detailed below:
1) West Midlands Young Engineer of the year sponsored by Parkinson Gray Associates
2) West Midlands Engineer of the year sponsored by Hays
3) West Midlands Project or Initiative of the Year sponsored by PSR
4) Education Award sponsored by Schneider Electric
These awards will be presented via a virtual stream on the Wednesday 16th December 2020 at 12noon
In these unprecedented times, we as a Committee feel that this year’s Awards are more important than ever, and give us all a chance to showcase and recognise / reward the abundance of MEP Building Services talent and the hard working Professionals that we have in our region.
Accordingly you are invited to submit your nominations using the attached Entry Forms, these must be returned to us, by no later than the 4th December 2020.
The Young Engineer & Engineer categories shall be judged via a panel of WM CIBSE Committee members based upon the information solely contained within the nomination form, so it is imperative that you provide enough information as possible to make your candidate stand out.
However the West Midlands Project or initiative of the year, once through the shortlisting stage, shall be decided by at live vote at the above event (subject to technology). For clarity we would provide the following guidelines for this award:
1) For projects based within the WM CIBSE Region only
2) For projects that have been handed over or Practically complete within the last two years
3) Initiatives shall be defined as training, collaboration, use of new technology etc, however introduction of new products are excluded from this category.
I do hope that you will support this initiative as we feel that this is the perfect opportunity for you to promote excellence within your businesses, however if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me or any other of the regions Committee members
Young engineer entry form
Engineer entry form
Project entry form