With over 3000 members globally, the Socity of Light and Lighting is recognised as an authority on lighting and welcomes all who are interested in any aspect of the world of light, lighting, and its design or application. SLL is a learned Society, promoting education and knowledge transfer in a variety of ways, including seminars and an events programme which runs all year round.
Lighting designers, consulting engineers, researchers, students, academics, manufacturers, sales staff and many more all contribute to and are members of the SLL.
The Society offers different grades of membership, depending on lighting knowledge and experience. These include:
Existing members of the Society may also wish to upgrade their membership, ensuring that they are receiving the professional recognition that they deserve. Find out more about upgrading your SLL Membership.
All members receive the benefits of membership of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers plus:
- Free and unlimited downloads of all SLL and CIBSE Publications, including the 20 Lighting Guides, the SLL Handbook and the SLL Code for Lighting, with reduced rates for purchasing hard copies of publications
- Free online access to the world renowned journal, Lighting, Research & Technology
- With suitable qualifications and experience, you have the right to use the post-nominal AMSLL (Associate Member), MSLL (Member) and FSLL (Fellow)
- Membership gives professional recognition amongst your peers and employers
- Subcription to the Society's bi-monthly magazine, SLL Light Lines, along with the CIBSE Journal
- Receive prior notification and reduced rates for all SLL events
- Receive a discounted rate to purchase CIE publications and to attend CIE-UK events
- Company membership is also available for design practices and manufacturers through the Sustaining Member and Sponsors in Partnership Schemes.
Members of the Institution, in all grades, are required to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct. All members must order their conduct in accordance with this Code. Click here to view the CIBSE Code of Conduct.