Our past presentations can be found in the list below. These sessions are arranged by the Facilities Management Group Committee and feature special guests to present on a variety of topics.
To suggest an idea for a future presentation, either speak to the Committee members at the next meeting or email [email protected].
Past Presentations in Detail
5 December 2019 by Modern Support Services & Real Leader.
Presented by Geoff Prudence (FM Group Chair), Andrew Green (Author of RICS NRM 3) and Steve Tomkins (Head of Business Development, SFG20).
Sponsored by: ENER-G Combined Power Ltd.
Presentations were given by:
- Geoff Prudence, Chairman, CIBSE Facilities Management
- Phil Jones, Chairman, CIBSE DH-CHP
- Glen Murphy, Senior Director of Engineering, ENER-G Combined Power Ltd.
- Best Practice FM for Hotels
- Combined Heat & Power: Service best practice
- Facilities Management through remote cloud-based systems
- The latest changes in Hotel & Leisure industry FM issues
19 May 2016
The event was kindly sponsored by CBRE UK & hosted by Aon at The Leadenhall Building, 122 Leadenhall Street, London - "The Cheesegrater".
Speakers were Ben Luvaglio - Alliance Director, Mark Chandler from CBRE, Paul Field from ARC: MC and George Adams Past CIBSE President.
Highlights included Ben and Mark talking through their fit out of the Cheesegrater, their M&E strategy and the challenges of moving 500 people per weekend, for three months. Also, George Adams talked about the Trees and Design Action Group (TDAG), the cooling effect provided by trees, and the water retention aspect of trees in cities.
3 February 2016
Speakers: Richard Wall, Technical and Product Director at Fernox
- Introductions and hosted by Geoff Prudence & Mick Brooker
- Optimum introduction to Energy Maintenance & Comfort - EMC (Mick Brooker)
- Building Analytics - Racheal Oborn - Schneider
Speaker: Andrew Hogan – Operations Director, Premium Power Ltd
Andrew Hogan presented an overview of modern electrical safety and a structured analysis to arc flash. The session covered:
- Electrical faults & accidents
- Arc flash myths – dispelled
- Arc flash regulations
- Arc flash in UK context
- Arc flash program
- Arc flash & electrical safety case studies
- Arc flash prevention measures
- Overview of AF PPE
- AF labelling requirements
The session was aimed at Operations engineers, health and safety officers, authorised persons and duty holders working within the building services and engineering industry.
Andrew has advised some of the largest corporations in the world on electrical operations, safety and arc flash programs. He has worked on data centre builds throughout Europe and in the Americas.
23 March 2016
BIM4FM says 'Start with the end in mind' - Mike Packham, BWA; Jacqueline Walpole, FSI (FM Solutions) Ltd; Jason Clark, UBS; Simon Ashworth, Liverpool John Moores and Zurich University
At the latest BIM4FM event, held at the University of Greenwich on 23rd March, the audience heard from expert speakers Simon Ashworth, Liverpool John Moores and Zurich University, Jacqueline Walpole, FSI (FM Solutions) Ltd, and Jason Clark, UBS. The imminence of the Government’s BIM Level 2 mandate set the context for an insightful and thought-provoking evening.