If you already hold Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng) registration with the Engineering Council, you can apply for membership via this fast-track route.
You will be required to demonstrate your competence through the submission of a 2000 word statement.
Once you have submitted your application it will be reviewed by our staff and then sent to the Membership Panel for a final verdict. The Panel meet once every two months to assess applications.
I hold CEng
You can apply for Member (MCIBSE) or Fellow (FCIBSE)
I hold IEng
You can apply for Associate (ACIBSE)
Your competence statement is based on our Associate criteria (page 9).
Before applying online:
Please ensure you have the following documents (in separate files) as you will be required to provide and submit them online.
- Engineering Council Certificate and Registration Number.
- Organisational Chart – clearly indicating your position within your company.
- Development Action Plan.
- 2000 word Competence Statement – reviewed by your sponsor.
- Sponsor’s name and email.
- Debit or credit card – the application fee will be payable at the final stage of your online application.