If you already hold Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng) registration with the Engineering Council, you can apply for membership via this fast-track route.
You will be required to demonstrate your competence through the submission of a 2000 word statement.
Once you have submitted your application it will be reviewed by our staff and then sent to the Membership Panel for a final verdict. The Panel meet once every two months to assess applications.
I hold CEng
You can apply for Member (MCIBSE) or Fellow (FCIBSE)
I hold IEng
You can apply for Associate (ACIBSE)
Your competence statement is based on our Associate criteria (page 9).
Before you apply
Prepare the following documents (in separate files) before starting your online application:
- Your Engineering Council Certificate and Registration Number
- Your CV
- An organisational chart indicating your position within your company
- Your Development Action Plan
- A 2,000 word Competence Statement – reviewed by your sponsor
- Your sponsor’s name and email address
- A debit or credit card – the application fee will be payable at the final stage of your online application.