Skip to main content
Shutterstock 394956973
Back to Professional Registration

Already hold IEng/CEng

If you already hold Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng) registration with the Engineering Council, you can apply for membership via this fast-track route. 

You will be required to demonstrate your competence through the submission of a 2000 word statement.

Once you have submitted your application it will be reviewed by our staff and then sent to the Membership Panel for a final verdict. The Panel meet once every two months to assess applications.

I hold CEng

You can apply for Member (MCIBSE) or Fellow (FCIBSE)

Your competence statement is based on our Member criteria (page 9) or Fellow criteria (page 10).  To apply for Fellow grade you must already hold Fellow with your original institute.

I hold IEng

You can apply for Associate (ACIBSE)

Your competence statement is based on our Associate criteria (page 9).

Before you apply

Prepare the following documents (in separate files) before starting your online application:

  • Your Engineering Council Certificate and Registration Number
  • Your CV
  • An organisational chart indicating your position within your company
  • Your Development Action Plan
  • A 2,000 word Competence Statement – reviewed by your sponsor
  • Your sponsor’s name and email address
  • A debit or credit card – the application fee will be payable at the final stage of your online application.

Ready to apply?

Associate (ACIBSE)

You must already hold IEng to apply through this route.

Apply online

Member (MCIBSE)

You must already hold CEng to apply through this route.

Apply online

Fellow (FCIBSE)

You must already hold CEng and Fellow of your original institute to apply.

Apply online

Useful information

Member benefits

Member Benefits

CIBSE's Code of Conduct

CIBSE - Code of Conduct
Share this page