The EU Route is a route to membership and registration that is open to those who are already registered as professional engineers by a recognised European Engineering Institution and who wish to join CIBSE at the Member grade. Applicants must demonstrate their competence at the Chartered Engineer level in the Building Services Engineering field. Please refer to the MCIBSE Criteria listed in the Application Guidance. A Professional Review Interview is also required.
Before you apply
Prepare the following documents (in separate files) before starting your online application:
- Your qualification certificates (and transcripts) in English
- Your Engineering Authority Registration Certificate
- Your CV
- A 2,000 word competence statement
- An organisation chart indicating your position within your company
- Your Development Action Plan
- Your sponsor’s name and email address
- A debit or credit card – the application fee will be payable at the final stage of your online application. Please see www.cibse.org/fees for our current application, interview, subscription and EC registration fees.