Low and Zero Carbon Energy Technologies
Live Online Training:
This course has be reformatted into an online course, so you can expect the same kind of participation you would have in a physical classroom.
This course provides an introduction to low and zero carbon technologies covering the technical issues, design and maintenance implications, and the capital and running costs that need to be considered when assessing the applicability of incorporating systems into new and existing buildings.
It covers the key drivers and requirements for implementing low and zero carbon technologies including current and future planning policies and Building Regulations as well as the Feed-in Tariff and Renewable Heat Incentive.
The technologies covered
- Solar water heating
- Heat pumps
- Wind turbines
- Combined heat and power systems
- Biomass boilers
- Overview of the drivers that are leading to the more widespread uptake of LZC technologies
- Planned and future changes to policy and legislation
- Assessment of the key technologies including the applicability for different building types, key considerations, design implications, technical issues, operation and maintenance requirements, costs, environmental benefits, financial benefits.
- Review of the FIT and RHI schemes
- Methodology for undertaking a feasibility study for application of LZCs into a project
At the successful completion of this course the delegate will be able to:
- Be able to advise clients on the requirements and potential benefits of incorporating LZCs into new or existing buildings
- Have sufficient understanding to discuss the direction of future regulations and planning policy and the implications for projects
- Be able to calculate returns from the FIT and RHI schemes
- Be able to assess the applicability of different technologies using key considerations
- Understand and be able to apply rule of thumbs and methodologies for sizing, costing and assessing the environmental and financial benefits of different systems
- Be able to prepare a feasibility study report for a client
Who Should Attend
The course is suitable for all those involved in improving the energy efficiency of buildings eg: energy managers, consultants, engineers, developers, facility / building managers, architects etc
Registration is open from 09.15
Start Time: 10:00
Latest Finish: 16:00
Training multiple staff at once provides the opportunity for your organisation to have a training package crafted to your specific needs.
Discover the options available to suit your company.
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please